Thursday, March 3, 2011

I Just Don’t Understand…


I understand the different reasons why people lose their homes.  However, I do not understand how people leave behind their pets as it the pet was just a piece of old tattered furniture.  All too often, pets are found in very bad conditions in abandoned properties that have been foreclosed.  Most of the time, the former home owner would just leave their former pet behind.  I do not know if the former owners think that the bank’s representative will find and take care of the animal soon after they leave, or if they are intentionally leaving the animal so that it will tear up the property.  Either way, it is just cruel, and it really upsets me.  If a person takes on a responsibility of adopting a pet, that pet should be a pet for the rest of the animal’s life.
During the past few years, I have personally saved many strays as well as donated to “No Kill” animal shelters and rescues.  My current dogs, Bowie (she has one blue and one brown eye) and Bradley Destructo will be with me no matter what.  Bowie, a Husky, was a stray whose owner could not be found.  Bradley Destructo, a Vizsla/Staffordshire Terrier mix, was adopted from the NSPCA in Las Vegas.


Having a pet in your home can be a great addition to your family, and will help add many happy memories to your life.  If you decide to adopt a pet, please consider saving an animal from a shelter or rescue center, and love your pet for life.  See you at the dog parks!


No comments:

Post a Comment