Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's St. Patrick's Day! Did You Remember To Wear Blue?

You may be asking:  "Blue?  Don't you mean green?"  I really did mean blue.  The original color associated with Saint Patrick was blue.  The color later turned to green because Saint Patrick is said to have used the Shamrock (a three leafed plant.....not the four leafed clover) as an example when teaching about the Holy Trinity (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in Christian faith) to the pagan Irish (Yes, not many Irish were Catholics at one time.).  Over the years, people started to wear green, shamrock designs, decorated their homes with green ribbons, etc. to celebrate the day.  During the 1798 rebellion, the Irish soldiers also wore full green uniforms on March 17 as a political statement.  


Today, people wear green in many countries during this day.  In Chicago, they even color the river green.  What will I be doing for this holiday?  First, I will meet some of the neighbors of 4118 Demoline Circle, Las Vegas, Nevada where I will be holding an open house from 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM today.  Then, I will be going back to the office for more training (I never stop learning about real estate...).  After that, I will follow up with my buyers and sellers before heading out with my fiancee.  On Friday, the celebration will continue with a few friends at the Flogging Molly concert in the Beach at Mandalay Bay.  Then it will culminate on Saturday as I drive my Jeep to support the Desert Wranglers Jeep Club and their sponsor Chapman Jeep of Henderson in the City of Henderson's St. Patrick's Day Parade.  Come check it out if you can on Saturday morning on Water Street.  My Staffordshire Terrier / Vizsla mix, Bradley Destructo and I will be in the black 2006 Jeep Wrangler 65.  We will be near a Jeep pulling a float for the dealership.  I hope to see you at one of these events!  

No comments:

Post a Comment